Sunday, September 16, 2007

"WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT JESUS?"

Pastor Jerry Donthnier, a long-time friend, starts every conversation by asking, "What do you think about Jesus?"

No matter who it is or where it is.

The answer cannot be faked and always exposes their heart.

Some are uncomfortable, only a few are impolite, and all are jarred into examining their hearts.

We were at a restaurant. He asked the waitress.

She immediately started weeping.

Right then in the busy restaurant she knelt at the end of the table and said, "Oh, please pray for me. I want to give my life to Jesus. I've made such a mess of it."

Heaven rejoiced. Curious onlookers stared and then most of them bowed their heads. Some closed their eyes and prayed, too.

Those six words changed lives that day.

Pastor Jerry, if you had left those words unsaid her life may have stayed unchanged.

Now, what about our own times of unsaid witness?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love Pastor Jerry. He attended our church for many years and was an integral part of my young life as a believer. Thank you for posting this. My Pastor, James P. Crabb still uses this phrase because Pastor Jerry was one of his fathers in the faith. Blessings to you. Candy Randolph

Vegivic said...

I am a witness!!! Pastor Jerry lives the love of Jesus to every man without prejudice. He is an example of what the Love of God in this earth is!!! Pastor Jerry was my Pastor for a few years and never had an unkind word. If you want to see Jesus in the world today, look up Pastor Jerry!