Saturday, September 29, 2007

AMERICA'S HEROES

American hero, Lt. Col. Paul Kari called me yesterday. He's my pilot friend that spent eight years in the "Hanoi Hilton" prison in Vietnam.

That same heart that forgave his captors for eight years of pain (pain he still feels every day of his life) was moved by the plight of our AIDS orphans in Africa. Paul is personally making Christmas wonderful for almost two hundred of our African kids.

He'd never give me permission to tell you this, but I'm doing it anyway. I want the world to have a peek into the heart of a great man who served his country.

And I want us all to honor and pray for our heroes fighting for our values and freedoms today. Thousands of their children face Christmas with dad or mom away on the battlefield--precious little ones that live in fear that daddy or mommy won't come home.

Shouldn't we call these little ones--our warriors' sons and daughters--heroes, too?

Will you pray for them?

Will you bless their little lives by honoring their freedom-warrior parents?

Let me know if you want to help Children's Cup help the Little Heroes here even as we help our kids in Africa.

225-673-4505
www.childrenscup.org

Little Heroes Project
Children's Cup
PO Box 400
Prairieville,LA 70769-0400

No comments: