Sunday, July 27, 2008

WHAT’S IN A BLOG?

“A blog can be whatever you want it to be.”

This is the advice I got when I started. At first I wanted it to be a way to update family and friends. Then I wanted it to be a way to share my thoughts about God and experiences with
Him. Now I realize it is also a way to preserve memories in words and pictures.

What wonderful communication tools we have now.

I’ve been writing another book about our experiences as missionaries titled “WALK WITH ME—Through Some Hard Places of the World.” It has thrilled me to recount the awesome blessings God has allowed Jean and me to experience. He has allowed us to see and be part of wonderful events. He has filled our lives with relationships with amazing people from all walks of life.

My first thought was to have the book be full of photos of the events being written about, until I hit the hard reality of publication costs.

Ah, but the blog is free! Now I see the blog as a kind of online publishing of the photos I would have put in the book. Look through the past few months’ blogs and laugh and cry with me. The blog will be sort of a companion to the book.

I intend to continue using the blog to update, share experiences and thoughts, and publish photos and videos.

Just maybe God will use them to call new workers to His harvest fields.

No comments: