Sunday, July 20, 2008

HE NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

Pastor Earl Henning officiated at our wedding (he tied the knot real tight--our next anniversary is number 50).

Shortly after we were married Jean started receiving extremely vulgar and harrassing phone calls. Sometimes several in one evening.

One night two calls came in rapid succession. "I'll answer the phone the next time," I told my bride and as I was speaking it rang again. I let go a torrent of profanity and threats into the caller's ear. My words suprised even me (they are no longer part of my vocabulary).

As soon as I stopped screaming the voice in the phone said, "Dave, this is Pastor Henning."

The last thing he would have expected was for me to become a missionary and preach from his pulpit.

I shared this story with his congregation.

You already know they laughed just like he and I are in this picture.

No comments: