Thursday, July 05, 2007

LT. COL. PAUL KARI--AMERICAN HERO

"Thanks for being a man in a world of wussy-wimps, Paul!"

I called my friend Paul yesterday--Independence Day--to let him know we are grateful. Paul spent eight years in the "Hanoi Hilton" prison in Hanoi, Vietnam after he was shot down.

He was doing what his government asked him to do. He never betrayed his government.

For eight years his captors tortured him trying to make him say things against America. He never did. He refused to be guilty of treason.

But now, our "wussy-wimp" politicians and media are saying those things he refused to say--and worse.

Treason is what it is.

I thank God for Paul and every other American that has served in my country's military.

They all deserve to be called heroes.

1 comment:

Cajun Tiger said...

It blows my mind how quickly so many have forgotten the horrible lessons of the Vietnam war. If we pull out of Iraq to soon, I'll be the first to call you to send me there through 'Cup as soon as possible!