Sunday, July 22, 2007

HOPE:CAMBODIA

Right now 3o days of concentrated ministry and missions projects are underway in Cambodia.

Joyce Meyer Ministries, Healing Place Church of Baton Rouge, Celebration Church of Jacksonville, Florida, and other ministies are impacting the needy country of Cambodia.

This is special to me. It was on those Killing Fields of Cambodia that plans were started in my heart to create Children's Cup.

A couple hours after I left Nang Chan refugee camp of 26,000 people, enemy murderers destroyed the camp and killed thousands. Among the casualties were about a dozen little tots that had taken my hands--alternating one finger of my hand per child--and walked me to the huts where they lived and the church where they heard about Jesus.

Still every day I see the children and hear their giggles that turned to sobs. One of the girls became a logo 'Cup uses.

Thank you, teams, for helping keep my promise to see that country impacted by the Gospel.

1 comment:

Cajun Tiger said...

I'm sure Kerry's comments floored you as well. If you haven't seen them check my blog but basically he said the mass bloodbath didn't occur after we left Vietnam. Would love if you could leave a comment on that post with your insight.