Saturday, May 23, 2009

GUIDE ME WITH HIS EYE?

This verse used to puzzle me:

Psalm 32:8I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

How does His eye guide me? It does as long as I stay in His presence.

For example: Let's walk together through Maputo, Mozambique. I'm familiar with the city. The streets can be risky there. Let's make it harder; we'll blindfold you and I'll never touch you nor will I give you a verbal map of the turns we must make. We'll just talk.

If you stay close enough to me to hear my voice I can guide you with my open eyes.

If you sense a distance growing between us you will know you missed a turn. Run back to the sound of my voice.

It is simply profound to me that God does guide us by His eye as we stay in His presence.

No comments: