Saturday, May 09, 2009

"FROM WHENCE?"

I've been doing that very human thing called worrying.

The economy crisis has forced us to cut some programs for our AIDS orphans in Africa. Children's Cup has known the joy of daily feeding thousands of AIDS orphans and vulnerable children.

Telling any child we must stop helping them causes a soul-deep pain--for them and us.

Just now God told me in Mark 8:4 the exact words I needed to hear.

"From whence can a man satisfy these men (children) with bread here in the wilderrness?" The disciples asked Jesus this question when He asked them to feed the 7,000 people in the wilderness.

Jesus' answer was to bless a child's few loaves and fishes and feed the thousands--with food left over.

I believe right now in the stillness of this night that God is telling me He will multiply what we have to feed our hurting little ones in Africa--with food left over to feed even more.

Watch and see.

No comments: