Saturday, September 06, 2008

JERRY REED: MUSICIAN, ACTOR, IS IN HEAVEN






My family has just lost another friend--for a little while.

Buzz Cason, one of Children's Cup's board members was instrumental in leading Jerry into a walk with Jesus.

Jerry entered into Bible study with Buzz and some other Nashville musicians. Ben Rodgers and I got to take part in that.

Buzz, Jean and I took Jerry to see "The Passion of the Christ." As we walked out of the theater Jerry was weeping. He stopped us in the foyer and said, "Right here, and right now I am telling you and promising Jesus that I will live every day of the rest of my life for Him."

Now they are together.

We'll see you later, Jerry!

1 comment:

AlYaGotADo said...

I've thanked God a million times for saving Jerry Reed. I appreciate your story very much. Thank you for posting it. I hope it is ok I used it as a quote on my website. http://jerryreed.onlyhere.net

Thanks for taking Jerry to that movie!