Saturday, September 13, 2008

DODGING THE BULLET NAMED IKE

The worst is passed.
Hurricane Ike is leaving our area.
Sweet relief in the middle of the night.

But now I remember, my Texas neighbors are still in the middle of it right now.

I don't even know how to deal with the thought that my peace and safety came about because the hurrican changed direction and is now slamming into the Texas coast.
Thousands are hurting right now--perhaps many are dying.

How does one deal with such feelings?

First, I must acknowledge my debt to God, followed by my irrevocable commitment to spend my life easing the suffering of others.

My debt is bigger than I can pay.
Oh, sweet the thought, that's what Calvary's cross was all about.

So many times I have comforted others and reminded myself that God can take the worst thing that can happen to you and turn it into the best thing for you.

Hard to see when you're in the middle of the disaster...

Lord, I ask you to turn this thing to good for every victim--so much they will thank You for it.

No comments: