Saturday, August 04, 2007

MY BROTHER DARWIN IS WITH THE LORD

Just minutes ago I got word that my oldest brother Darwin passed away. There were four of us brothers--now I am the last.

Darwin was always my hero.

He served our country in the military to an extent few people know.

His leather art was nationally acclaimed.

His children each knew his deep love.

He was a man of truth.

A few weeks ago in Iowa he and Jean and I had a wonderful, profound time together. He knew death was coming. "I'm not afraid. I'm ready," were some of his last words to us.

God gave Jean and me those wonderful moments with Darwin to make this day easier. I know where he is.

Jean and I were priveleged to have the same "good-bye moments" with my other two brothers, Don and Damon. We'll reunite in heaven.

Don left us saying, "See you later..."

I'll see y'all later, Darwin, Don and Damon.


Damon, Dave, Darwin

1 comment:

Cajun Tiger said...

Sorry for your loss. Praying for ya. Looking forward to meeting them one day =)