Tuesday, August 07, 2007

HOW MUCH WILL YOU LET GOD TRUST YOU WITH?

A young man was grappling with a frightening possibility—something that could radically change the rest of his life.

My first thoughts were to remind him that God is good and does not do bad things to his children.

He has a purpose in everything He allows to come into our lives.

And, He is sovereign and can change even the most impossible situation.

We hugged necks, wept and prayed, and committed the matter into God’s hands.

As he was leaving the room the question dropped into my heart, “How much are you willing to let God trust you with?”

And I know the question was as much for me as for the young man.

As for me I don’t know my answer. I wanted to say, “With whatever your will asks, Lord,” I've said that before but I’m not sure that all of me is truly ready to say that.

It’s easier to ask Him to trust you with resources to do great things for His Glory. Much harder to release Him to trust you with pain and loss.

How akin I feel to the man who said, “Lord, I do believe, help thou mine unbelief.” My version would say, “Lord, I do trust You, help thou my untrust.”

Right now I want to stand as close as I can to the One who said, “Nevertheless, not my will but thine...”

1 comment:

~anj~ said...

What a powerful post! God's grace is a beautiful thing just to trust us with anything at all!