Sunday, August 17, 2008

SWAZILAND: MY GRANDDAUGHTER

Okay, call me a soppy old grandfather but this picture overwhelms me--many reasons.

First, have you ever seen a more lovely little cherub than my granddaughter Trinity?

Next, she is ministering to some of our orphans. She is standing between a brother and sister both infected with AIDS by their father. Trinity prays all the time for them. Notice her comforting hand on the sister's shoulder.

Three times we almost lost the sister--our medical staff and local medical people and prayer warriors brought her back to recovery.

I am challenged to ask myself, "Do I believe in God's healing enough to pray for her healing and to expect Him to do it?"

What an impact that testimony would have on the country.

I have prayed for God to stun the world and heal her. Do I expect Him to do it?

I know He can. You may know He gave me my life back when I was shot in the head as a teenager. Doctors said if I lived I'd be a "blubbering idiot." I lived.

You may have read my recent blog about God healing Jackolyna in three days of a black mamba bite.

Right now I'm praying, "Lord, I do believe. Help thou mine unbelief."

Do you want to pray with me for these precious orphans?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I do and I do! Amen for such a powerful testimony of God's healing.

A friend of Christy Merrill.