Saturday, February 14, 2009

GOLDEN 50

Last night Jean and I celebrated our 50th anniversary with family.

I told Jean that 50 kinda suggests the meaning of "half" as in 50%, so we should think in terms of being half way into our marriage. Not in years but in quality and accomplishments.

In 1983 for our anniversary I called her "My drinkin' buddy," referring to the metaphor that we drink from the same cup of life. We asked God to overflow our cup and let the overflow bless those around us.

God has flooded our lives with blessings and opportunities.

Thanks for 50 years, Drinkin' Buddy.
I love you MTYLTT.

2 comments:

merrill5 said...

congrats. and may you be blessed with 50 more

Nancy Holte said...

A belated happy anniversary! The reason God keeps blessing you is because you keep pouring it out!