Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I WISH FOR BUT WHAT I HAVE

I just had another of those wonderful moments that are complete joy--nothing else needed to make me happy.

First, I am in Africa.

Five year old granddaughter was sitting on my lap. We were watching the wonderful classic "Heidi."

The warm love in the story, the beautiful, sweet bundle of life named Trinity snuggled in my arms, the echoes in my ears of 10,000 kids giggling and screaming with delight at the Children's Cup CarePoint Christmas parties--what else could a grandfather missionary ask for?

Trinity just hopped off my lap to help her family give a Christmas party to a couple dozen orphans that live nearby. They are going to let the kids decorate cookies--and then eat them all.

I wish for but what I have.

I wish you all moments like this.

No comments: