Tuesday, November 11, 2008

VETERANS' DAY

I just hung up the phone here in Swaziland, Africa, from calling my friend in Ohio--Lt. Col. Paul Kari--a true American hero. He was out so I left a message of thanks and gratitude for his sacrifice for America--that includes my family and yours.

Paul spent 8 years in the "Hanoi Hilton" Hoa Lo prison. He was tortured continuously and has not known a pain-free day since.

Yet I watched him stand with Ben and me at the prison and forgive his tormentors--even gave dollars for Children's Cup projects to help the children of the people who hurt him.

Paul turned a hurting place into a forgiving place and God made it a healing place.

A lesson for all of us.

Thank you, Paul, and every American who has served our great country for the freedoms you preserved for us.

No comments: