Wednesday, June 04, 2008

UNDENIABLE MIRACLE

Yesterday, Jean and I were having lunch in Louisiana. She read me an email from Ben in Swaziland off of her i-Phone. Ben had sent copies of two letters written to a lifelong friend of ours by two Swazi girls she sponsers.

We know these girls and we know how dramatically our friend's help has changed their lives. Both Jean and I teared up as she read the letters. No, teared up isn't strong enough. We wept and thanked God for our friend.

I spoke up, "Our friend needs to know this. We need to call her and read the letters to her."

Absolutely, the next thing that happened was Jean's phone rang--it was our friend who sponsors the girls callng from Iowa. She had no idea we had received the letters and wanted to call her.

Our friend rejoiced with us and then said, "The reason I've called is to add another child to my monthly support and to inquire about other needs."

There is another level of awe for me in this story. Three hours before the phone call I had read the Old Testament account of God providing the daily manna for the children of Israel. He told them to gather only one day's worth, to trust Him to keep the provision coming.

We are in a time of challenge in our Children's Cup budget and I sensed God telling me to quit my worry--He will continue to provide.

No comments: