Friday, April 18, 2008

WHERE'S THE COBRA NOW?

I admit it. I'm have an inordinate fear of snakes. I think it goes all the way back to Eden in me.

My fear was intensfied when I was ten years old. An older boy put a garter snake down the neck of my shirt. The memory of my panic is still vivid in my mind.

Yesterday our grandkids in Swaziland told us that they had just found the shed skin of a deadly spitting cobra at their house.

My first thought, "Where's the cobra now?"

African houses are very open. Is the snake hiding in the house now?

When I settle down I remember that God has protected our family and ministry team from many perils and when I think about the symbology of the crushed serpent head in Eden, the terror goes away. But caution remains.

As it comes to your mind would you pray for our family and the Children's Cup Team in Africa?

No comments: