Monday, November 13, 2006

MANAGING CHANGE

Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.

Jean's dad advised us when we got married, "Things aren't going to stay the way they are."

In the Third World things are always changing.

I've learned something that helps manage change. Determine the inevitables--the things you cannot stop from happening--and find ways to make them work for you.

It's somewhat true that time will do to you what you allow it to, and for you what you make it do.

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

and another great change today: one of your granddaughters is now nine years old. where has the time gone? (happy birthday, Kayla!)

JOSH said...

Dave,

My name is Josh Turner and I go to church at Celebration in Jacksonville FL.....You seem to be a LA boy so I do not know if you know Stovall Weems. Anyway we just got involved in Childrens Cup and was wanting to learn more about it. Your blog moved me to tears.........I wish every non believer knew of people like you in this world that lived the gospel out in there lives. Thank You for everything you are doing in this world you are making it a better place......GOD BLESS YOU and YOUR WIFE. My email is jturner@celebration.org