Sunday, May 21, 2006

AFRICAN CHILDREN'S CHOIR

Watoto is an African children's choir. I have their recordings and even the memory of their sound and story gives me chill-bumps right now.

If they are ever in your area don't miss hearing them!

In Rwanda at the Hope:Rwanda meetings I got to know Missionary Gary Skinner whose vision launched the choir and established a great orphanage in Uganda.

This Fall Missionary Skinner is calling together a meeting of missionaries who work with AIDS orphans to find ways to motivate the local African churches to get more involved in solving the AIDS/HIV pandemic.

Ben and I will be participating in that conference.

I trust this man and his ministry. Help him if you get a chance to.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Watoto sang to day at HPC. It was amazing the music and dancing as well as the stories of the children totally changed my life. I have always had a passion for orphans, today only made it stronger. I can only hope to go to Africa one day myself.

Amy Phillips, Refuge Youth Leader

Tom and Jan Bougher said...

Dave - FYI I just sent info about Cup to Kidology.com These are children's pastors in the states who are interested in caring for children. I pray they will add Cup to their list of sites. I know God has more people to connect Cup.
Blessings!
Tom

Dave Ohlerking said...

thanks, brother--forget the in-law business--for your confidence and help. you are obviously always thinking.

we leave for btr tomorrow--be there friday about noon

will be in touch and set up a time when we can come see y'all